Sunday, December 19, 2010

when Love Hurts

"I did not fall in love with a man that abused me. Like most people in abusive relationships, I fell in love with someone who had many wonderful qualities. I fell in love with someone who had a hidden abuser mentality. He was a man I adore...d, respected, believed in and trusted."....................

"Life within an abusive relationship is just that. Usually it takes many stages into the relationship before it becomes abusive and it takes many complex feelings, thoughts and steps to get out. Every human individual and every life experience is different but the pain through abuse feels the same no matter what kind, how frequent or by whom. ".......................

this is from a book I am currently working on.

I tried leaving a hundred times for all the right reasons, I always returned for all the wrong reasons. In the end I knew I was going to be a statistic and it was time to face myself. It took crossing state lines, several phone number changes and processing through excruciating pain, lonliness and confusion but all worth the freedom that comes with reclaiming my individuality as a whole person. It took facing fears, pain, insecurities and anger head on but the freedom that comes in reclaiming ones self gives a sense of worth and self empowerment that is to be treasured under the strictest of security.

it is heart breaking to hear what has been headlining the news with these women and families that havent made it. so many have had their futures taken from them because the end met them before they could escape. I did escape, therefore I feel an obligation to share what ive learned, participate in victims hope and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment